Hair loss can have an impact on your scalp or your whole body. It can be because of hormonal changes, heredity, medications or medical conditions. Even though hair loss can occur in both men and women, but it is more common in men.
Common signs and symptoms of hair loss
Hair loss can appear in several ways, based on what is causing it. It can occur all of a sudden or can affect your scalp gradually. Listed below are some of the common signs and symptoms of hair loss:
- Sudden loosening of hair: In case handfuls of hair come out when washing or combing your hair or even after gentle pulling; then this may cause overall hair thinning.
- Gradual thinning on top of head: In men, hair tends to recede from the forehead in a line while women usually have a broadening of the part in their hair.
- Patches of scaling that broaden over the scalp: This is basically a symbol of ringworm. It might come with redness, broken hair, swelling and, sometimes, oozing.
- Round or erratic bald spots: This kind of hair loss typically affects just the scalp, but it at times also occurs in eyebrows or beards.
Causes of hair loss
People, in general, lose about 100 hairs per day. This typically does not cause visible thinning of scalp hair as new hair grows in at the same time. Hair loss takes place when this cycle of hair growth and shedding is disturbed or when the hair follicle is damaged and restored with scar tissue.
The most common causes of hair loss are explained below:
- Medications and supplements: Hair loss can occur due to the intake of certain drugs, for instance, those used for arthritis, cancer, heart problems, depression, high blood pressure and gout.
- Heredity: The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition known as female-pattern baldness or male-pattern baldness. It typically occurs with aging and in expected patterns gradually.
- Certain hairstyles and treatments: Excessive hairstyles or hairstyling that pull your hair tight, for instance, cornrows or pigtails, can cause a kind of hair loss known as traction alopecia. Moreover, permanents and hot oil hair treatments can cause inflammation of hair follicles that result in hair loss. If scarring takes place, hair loss can be permanent.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions: Hormonal changes because of childbirth, pregnancy, thyroid problems and menopause can cause permanent or temporary hair loss. Moreover, certain medical conditions such as alopecia areata cause scalp infections, patchy hair loss.
- Radiation therapy to the head: Radiation therapy may prevent the hair from growing back in the same way as it was before.
Apart from this, there are a number of factors that can increase your risk of hair loss, such as age, significant weight loss, stress and medical conditions like lupus and diabetes.
Remedies to prevent hair loss
- Pay attention to your diet: Ensure that you are taking enough proteins in your diet as this helps in strengthening your hair. The best sources of protein are fish, egg whites and milk. In addition, consume foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids for instance, include mackerel and salmon in your diet two or three times a week.
- Get rid of bad habits: Keep in mind that smoking reduces circulation, and thus it may reduce blood flow to the scalp. Drinking caffeine and alcohol will hinder the immune system and cause further hair loss. Thus, stay away from these bad habits to keep your hair stronger and longer.
- Do exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly can allow sweat to wash out and unblock your hair pores. Exercising; thus can make your hair grow stronger, longer and thicker.
- Drink adequate water: Lack of water causes dehydration, and it can have a direct impact on hair growth. Thus, drinking enough water not only keeps you healthy but also contributes to hair growth. Moreover, drinking enough water can also assist you to get rid of dandruff and hair thinning issue. So, drink eight glasses of water on a daily basis to keep your hair healthy and string.
- Avoid taking fried foods: As per recent research, it has been found that limiting the consumption of fried foods can prevent hair loss problems. High-fat foods in addition to hydrogenated oils should be avoided as they are related to increased testosterone levels, which also results in elevated levels of DHT, and this, in turn, causes hair loss.
- Give a massage to your scalp using oil: Scalp massages assist stimulates the hair follicles to augment hair growth, and essential oils such as thyme, rosemary, and lavender have been shown to prevent lavender and hair thinning. In addition, almond, coconut, olive oil when mixed with a few drops of thyme, rosemary, or lavender oil can give a soothing effect to the scalp. It is important to massage the oil into your scalp gently. After this, you should put on a shower cap and leave it for an hour, then shampoo your hair. By following this procedure for once a week, you will certainly find that your hair looks healthier and shinier in no time.
Another best ayurvedic oil to prevent hair loss is Kesh 999. This is natural hair oil prepared by using herbs and ingredients to make the hair healthy. One of the key benefits of Kesh 999 is that it assists in reducing hair fall, in addition, to preventing the thinning hairline in men and women. This is also ideal for the scalp as it reduces itching and assists in fighting dandruff as it contains antifungal properties. Kesh 999 is also a great remedy for the split ends, and it stops premature greying of hair. Additionally, it revitalizes dormant hair follicles and endorses hair growth. So, you should use this Ayurvedic oil to prevent hair fall. Among the various types of hair oils present, Kesh 999 is no doubt the best Ayurvedic oil to stop hair fall.
If you want to buy this Ayurvedic oil to prevent hair loss, then you should check with the nearby store.