According to medical experts, wet cough is termed to be a common symptom caused due to heart conditions allergies and respiratory infections. A productive cough is its medical term and results from the presence of mucus as well as other fluids in the lower or upper respiratory tract. This issue may also arise in various conditions that affect both or any of the lungs, the pharynx, larynx or the bronchi. It is also associated with several generalized conditions like hay fever, flu or cold.
Some specific causes for the wet cough to occur include bronchi (bronchitis) lung inflammation and infection (pneumonia). The other causes include the widening and destruction of large airways (bronchiectasis), COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), tuberculosis and cystic fibrosis. One common cause for a wet cough to take place is lung cancer which might bring up hemoptysis (bloody sputum). Asthma (lung) related allergies also cause the occurrence of wet cough.
Even heart conditions may lead to the development of wet cough, while serious causes tend to include a build-up of fluids in the lungs region, because of acute congestive heart failure episode. When taking rest, the elevation of rest can help improve the related symptoms. Availing the best ayurvedic medicine for a cough like Torex Herbal can be a great remedy.
At times, the wet cough can be life-threatening or serious. In such cases, it will be necessary to seek medical care without any delay to get immediate treatment. the person may develop serious symptoms like face extreme difficulty in breathing, high fever, generally over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, sharp chest pain, blue or pale lips, rapid heart rate, change in consciousness level or alertness. Prompt medical care will be required if treated for a wet cough.
Symptoms of wet cough
It might accompany other symptoms and vary depending upon underlying disease, condition or disorder. The symptoms affecting the respiratory tract frequently might involve other body systems.
Some respiratory symptoms noticed with a wet cough
- Chest pressure or pain
- Apnea (absence of breathing)
- Hemoptysis (coughing up blood)
- Cough getting more severe with time
- Cough up frothy pink mucus
- Cough up green, light brown or yellow clear mucus
- Shortness of breath
- Tachypnea (rapid breathing)
- Difficulty in breathing
The other symptoms that are noticed with wet cough are:
- Interrupted sleep
- Flu-like symptoms (fever, fatigue, headache, sore throat, pains and aches, cough)
- Chills and fever
- Bad breath
- Swelling and pain in the leg
- Appetite loss
- Lethargy or malaise
- Unexplained weight loss
- Tachycardia (rapid heart rate)3
- Postnasal drip
- Night sweats
Few symptoms indicating life-threatening conditions
Wet cough in a few cases is found to become life-threatening conditions. If such symptoms are noticed, then immediate medical care is to be availed. Some of the life-threatening symptoms may include the following:
- Coughing up blood (Haemoptysis)
- Change in alertness or consciousness level, like unresponsiveness or passing out.
- Bluish coloration taking place in fingernails or the lips.
- Breathing or respiratory issues like difficulty in breathing, shortness of breath, choking or not breathing, wheezing and labored breathing.
- High fever with a temperature of over 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
Those wanting to seek natural remedies can choose Torex Herbal, considered to be the best ayurvedic cough syrup for wet cough.
Why wet cough takes place?
A wet cough could be the result of respiratory disorders including:
- Allergies or asthma
- Acute bronchitis
- Bronchiolitis (smallest airways present in the lungs experiencing inflammation)
- Bronchiectasis (widening and destruction of the airways)
- Viral respiratory infection (common cold)
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Influenza (flu)
- Cystic fibrosis (presence of thick mucus in the digestive tract or the lungs)
- Lung cancer
- TB (tuberculosis – serious infections affecting lungs as well as other organs)
Some cardiac causes
Cardiac disorders like deterioration of the ability of the heart to pump blood (congestive heart failure) may cause a wet cough.
Some life-threatening or serious causes for the occurrence of wet cough
A wet cough might develop into life-threatening or serious conditions in some cases. The health care provider should be immediately visited and health checked and evaluated to get proper and timely treatment. it includes the following:
- Lung cancer
- Congestive heart failure
- Pulmonary aspiration (inhaling vomited material, blood or other types of substances within the lungs)
Some questions to ask the medical practitioner to diagnose the actual cause for wet cough
The healthcare practitioner is likely to ask the patient a few questions to diagnose the issue and find out what has been actually causing wet cough. Following are the questions that are asked:
- Is the person coughing up sputum and what of what color?
- Are there experienced any other symptoms?
- What is the duration of experiencing a wet cough?
- What type of medications is being taken to treat such symptoms?
- From when did wet cough occur?
Potential complications of wet cough
Since wet cough may take place because of serious diseases, not availing timely and proper treatment will only result in arising of unnecessary serious complications along with permanent damage. After diagnosing the underlying cause, it will be crucial to follow the set treatment plan. Availing Ayurvedic Treatment for Wet Cough will be also a good idea as it is completely safe and can boost better health and enhanced treatment while soothing the throat region. This will help reduce potential complication risks including the following:
- Heart failure
- Reduce overall life quality
- Adverse treatment effects
- Respiratory failure
- Inability to attend school or work
- Spread of infection
- Spread of cancer
- Sleep disorder
Seeking ayurvedic medicine for wet cough
Torex Herbal syrup is a wonderful herbal and natural cough syrup to manage cough as well as to provide relief to severe cough related issues. This is rather a gentle bronchodilator and potent mucolytic, which ensures that the person can breathe comfortably. This herbal medication is also termed to be an effective antihistamine but without the side-effects caused by sedation including and effective spasmolytic and demulcent.