Talking about cough, it is a reflex action that clears the air of irritants and mucus. There are two kinds of cough: productive and non-productive. A productive cough generates phlegm or mucus, clearing it right from the lungs. A non-productive cough, even known as a dry cough, does not generate any mucus or phlegm. Many things right from allergies to acid reflux could trigger a dry cough. In some instances, there are no obvious causes.
Irrespective of the cause, an ongoing dry cough can gravely impact your day-to-day life, mainly if it is adverse or worse at night. Certainly, you can start taking Torex cough syrup and find relief. Anyhow, have a look at some common symptoms of cough.
Symptoms of cough
A person suffering from this ailment displays the following signs:
- Burning sensation or suffocation in the chest
- Frequent dry cough
- Phlegm/sputum production
- Dryness in the mouth, excessive thirst, bitter taste
- Pain in the region of heart, temples, head, abdomen, sides
- Sore throat, hoarseness of voice
- Nausea after eating food.
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Tiredness, weakness
Some of the main causes of dry cough are like that of respiratory tract infections, Sinusitis, suppression of vomiting, Pneumonia and inflammation due to irritants or allergens. The last reason is the most common one! Once dry coughs are motivated by prolonged exposure to high pollution-levels, allergy, dust and toxic smoke (like cigarettes) it is called ‘Vataja Kasa’ in Ayurveda. To shield from this ailment, your respiratory system should have a strong immunity but with poor nutrition, irregular lifestyle and that of increasing environmental toxicity, it is tough for your body to fight back.
How Ayurvedic Treats Dry Cough?
You can find out Ayurvedic medicine for cough and it would work for you for sure. Anyhow, it is important to know that Prana Vayu and Udana Vayu (kinds of Vata) govern the respiratory system. Once viruses, allergens, and bacteria vitiate these, irritation takes place. As a countermeasure, the body compulsorily expels air to eliminate the obstruction. During this procedure, the Vata (biological air) balance in the body gets reduced and triggers Vataja Kasa.
Ayurvedic home remedies for the issue of dry cough
In case you are suffering from Dry cough, then you must try out these effective Ayurvedic home remedies:
- Before bedtime, you should drink warm milk with turmeric and honey. It works as a natural antibiotic.
- Intake turmeric powder blended with honey three times a day.
- Liquorice (Mulethi) lozenges to diminish inflammation.
- Make use of a decoction of Sauf ( Aniseeds ) as the base water to prepare coffee or tea.
- Sooth the infected throat pipe with natural cough syrup made by blending ginger and honey. Boil a bit of ginger (peeled) in water. Filter and blend 1 tsp of honey and consume. If you want then you can even chew tiny pieces of ginger sprinkled with water for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Add a tweak of cinnamon powder in warm water or tea for relief from throat touchiness
- Drink tea that is made up of Tulsi (Basil leaves), ginger and even honey
- You can also chew Tulsi leaves throughout the day for quicker recovery
- Don’t forget to make some vital lifestyle changes like:
- Evade interaction with allergens (pollution, pollen, dust, etc.)
- Refrain from dry, junk or spicy food
- A nourishing diet has to be taken in small quantities (preferably as soups) till digestive Agni becomes strong
- Take a good amount of rest
- Intake clean, room temperature/warm water
- Practice Pranayama for building lung’s health
- Evade irritants such as smoke from mosquito coils, incense, etc.
- Follow a strict food and sleep schedule. take dinner before sunset
- Install a humidifier in your bedroom
- Intake food that is rich in Vitamin C to reinforce the immune system
The ayurvedic treatment approach for dry cough
Apart from these different types of home remedies, the Vaids prescribe medicinal preparations relying on patients’ dosha composition (Vata- Kapha- Pitta balance) and ailment symptoms. Today, Ayurveda has progressive and advanced medicines for curing related ailments like annoying dry cough, throat infection, chronic fever, and respiratory ailments. For example Draksharishta, Pravalachandrodaya, Kothara Vrudhi Mahalakshmi Vilasa Rasa, Vaikrantabaddaras, TalisadiChurna and so on.
You can also take up syrup or herbs
You must try out Torex herbal for your dry cough. It would work effectively for your throat. Talking about Torex Syrup, it is a blend of two medicines: Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Phenylephrine that relieves cold symptoms. Chlorpheniramine Maleate is an ant allergic that relieves allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose and sneezing. Phenylephrine is a decongestant that narrows the small blood vessels catering relief from congestion or even stuffiness in the nose.
Actually, it is one of the finest ayurvedic solutions for cough, cold and other respiratory tract infections too without any side-effects. Once you start consuming it regularly you would find a difference in a couple of days. Your cough would leave your body completely and you would not have to take anything else for a solution. The best thing is that the herb does not have any type of side effects. Many people have stopped taking anything for their fever, cough and other health conditions because they feel that the medicines these days have side effects. Well, in the case of this Torex, you would not find any type of irritation, dryness or pain. It is absolutely safe to consume and you would not find it strange too.
In other words, Torex is an ayurvedic cough syrup that is 100% vegetarian and does not have any type of alcohol. It has anti-inflammatory & antimicrobial powers and is advantageous in common cold, cough and even other respiratory tract infections without any type of discomfort or side-effects.
Thus, if you have been suffering from a dry cough then you must take refuge in the realm of ayurvedic medicines. These procedures are effective and are free of any side effects.