It helps suppress cough and aids the mobilization of mucus.
Assists in calming and dilating the lung's airways, thus relieving chest congestion.
The oleanolic acid, ursolic acid and polyphenolic constituents in Tulsi help in alleviating allergic or infection-induced airway inflammation.
Modulates healthy immune response and supports early recovery from respiratory illness.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Anti–inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Decongestant: Used to relieve nasal congestion.
- Expectorant: Promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages, used to treat coughs.
- Talisa patra acts as febrifuge, central nervous system depressant, antibacterial, antifungal, antitumor, antispasmodic, antitussive, female antifertility, mast cell stabilizing, anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, antifertility, febrifuge, central nervous system depressant property and antibacterial agent.
- Talisa patra leaves helps to give relief from cold, sneezing, nasal congestion and watery discharge.
- The leaves of the plant contain antitussive, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic properties so helps to clear airways and dissolve thick mucus present in the lungs. It also reduces mucus production. So overall, helps to reduce bronchitis.
- It has property of broncho-dialation, so helps to ease in breathing.
- It reduces the stress due to cough.
- The leaves of the flower help to increase appetite.
- This gives relief from spasm of involuntary muscles.
- It reduces inflammation and fever.
- It helps to remove toxins from the body.
- It is used to treat rheumatism.
- It is used as cardiac tonic also.
- It gives relief in vomiting.
- It is also very useful to treat dental problems.
Pippali is used for cold and mucus conditions of the lungs as it encourages vasodilatation and increases circulation to the lung. It acts as a bronchodilator, decongestant and expectorant. Pippali is a strong rejuvenative for the lungs. If you are prone to colds, this herb is recommended as it will prevent a cold from forming.
Kulanjan is a very effective herb for treating cough, and it very effective herb for treating winter season related problems. Its bronchodilator properties help to treat itching of the throat.
It is known to be an effective herb to resolve the respiratory complications. It acts as the wonderful emollient and it has the soothing effects on the throat as well as pharynx. Hence the use of this herb is quite good in the treatment of a cough, hoarseness of voice, chest congestion, sore throat, bronchitis, chronic bronchitis, and whooping cough. This herb helps to boost up the immune system and plays an important role in the treatment of various allergic reactions in the body.
Vasa owes its popularity due to its major action on the respiratory system. Problems like chronic bronchitis, common cold and cough etc. are effectively managed by vasa.
Useful in diseases associated with respiratory tract.
The herb is useful in chronic cough.
Useful in Breathlessness.
This herb encourages the secretion of sputum by the air passages which helps in the treatment of cough.
It is useful in chronic cough, the demulcent (relieving inflammation and irritation) property of Vidanga helps relieve sore throat. It forms a film over the mucous membrane, protecting the underlying cells and relieving inflammation and minor pain.
It is used to improve voice, sore throat and various disorders related to throat
Provides relief from sinusitis and nasal congestion. It has an expectorant property that helps break up the mucus and phlegm depositions in the respiratory tract
It is useful for treating of colds and flu, respiratory tract problems
Useful in treating cold, cough, flu, infections and other respiratory problems.
Helpful in cough
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends honey as a natural cough remedy.
The American Academy of Pediatrics also recognizes honey as a treatment for a cough.
Useful in cough
It is useful in hoarseness of voice, cough and common cold. It relieves blocked phlegm and bleeding in sputum
Useful in Productive cough