How Tulsi Helps In Whooping Cough And Allergic Rhinitis?
Keeping one’s immunity in today’s life is very important, because if we don’t, then we may have to suffer a lot because of not being able to do our work. Also, health should be our first priority instead of our work. There are a number of small health-related problems, which may make it difficult for us to focus on our daily lives. Whooping cough and Allergic rhinitis, both are those kinds of problems.
A lot of people in our society are suffering from these problems, no matter how old they are. If you are one of those people, then don’t worry as we are here to help you. In this post, we will discuss what whooping cough and allergic rhinitis are because a lot of people are not fully aware of these problems. We will also discuss their causes and home remedies to deal with these problems. So, without any delay, let’s get started.
Know about whooping cough
Whooping cough can be understood as the bacterial infection in the upper respiratory system, which leads to continuous violent coughing. The disease got its name because of the sound produced at the time of inhaling air by an infected person. The whoop is basically the swollen part of the laryngeal structure, which, at the time of rapid inflow of air, vibrates with force and creates the sound. This condition is highly contagious. According to many experts, the first outbreak of the said disease occurred in the 16th century.
Now the question arises, what causes whooping cough? The whooping cough infection is caused by a bacterium known as Bordetella pertussis. This bacterium sticks to the airway linings in the upper respiratory system and causes swelling and inflammation to the throat. The majority of the infected people get infected because of breathing in the bacteria which is present in the air as a result of coughing or sneezing by another infected person. Thus, you can say that if a person who is infected with this bacterial infection goes into some crowded place, then he may infect almost 10-35 persons, depending upon the crowd. Infants usually get infected by the family members or by the caregivers in the house, who may be going through the early stages of the infection. Sometimes, an infected person is not even aware of the fact that he is infected.
Home remedies to deal with the whopping cough
There are some useful home remedies that you can use to deal with the condition of whooping cough. These are as follows:
- Taking proper bed rest is one of the most important home remedies for dealing with the condition, but you should avoid lying flat as this can trigger whooping cough spasms.
- You should also try to avoid cold drinks and chilled eatables such as ice-creams or pudding. Instead, you should drink warm liquids, which will help in soothing your throat. You are advised to drink a lot of clear and sugar-free fluids, especially water.
- It is suggested not to consume heavy meals, whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Instead, you should have light meals after a couple of hours. This will help you to maintain your energy levels throughout the day.
- It is also advised to avoid milk and milk-based foods as they can make your condition even worse.
- You can take a spoon of fresh garlic juice almost 2-3 times a day as it will help in giving your throat some relief. You can extract the garlic juice by pressing the fresh garlic cloves with a garlic press or electric juice machine that can also be used.
- You can also make a syrup for yourself. For this, you need to boil 1 cup of the water, 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, and 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger. This syrup can be sweetened with honey.
- You can also take a pinch of Indian spice, turmeric, at least twice a day, as it also helps in giving relief from the throat problems. It can be combined with the Tulsi as there are multiple Tulsi benefits for cough.
Know about allergic rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis, which is also known as hay fever, is an allergic response caused to some particular allergens. One of the most common allergens in the seasonal allergic rhinitis is the pollen. This condition carries allergic symptoms with itself which usually occur with the change in the seasons. A lot of people usually suffer from allergic rhinitis. But the thing is that many people ignore this condition and never pay attention to it. Some of the most common symptoms of allergic rhinitis are having a running, itchy or stuffy nose, sneezing, having a sore throat, itchy or watery eyes, having dark circles around the eyes, excessively fatigued or hives, etc. If you are a person who is suffering from allergic rhinitis, then you may be suffering from any one or more symptoms mentioned above. But it must be noted that the fever is not a symptom of hay fever.
Now, you must be wondering what causes allergic rhinitis. When you come in contact with any allergen, then your body releases a chemical to protect you from that allergen. This chemical is known as histamine and it can cause allergic rhinitis. Some other common allergens, apart from the tree pollen, may include:
- Dust mites
- Grass pollen
- Animal dander
- Cat saliva
You must be aware of these and try to know which allergens you are more likely to face or encounter.
Home remedies to deal with allergic rhinitis
- Home remedies for treating the condition of allergic rhinitis usually depends upon your allergens. If you are having any pollen or seasonal allergies, then it is advised to use some kind of air conditioner instead of opening the windows.
- If you can afford, you should add a filter in your air conditioner for your allergies.
- If you are a person, who is allergic to the dust mites, then you are advised to clean your blankets or sheets in hot water.
- You can also add a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter in your vacuum for protecting yourself from allergies.
- While staying indoors, you can protect yourself from allergies by using a dehumidifier.
Apart from using the above-mentioned home remedies, you can also use some medicines available in the market to treat the condition like whooping cough. There are a lot of syrups available in the market, but Torex herbal cough syrup is a syrup that you can buy without any second thoughts. This syrup is purely based on the Ayurveda formulation, which is known to cure even the bad coughs. This syrup is made from the 20 handpicked herbs which, according to Ayurveda, are best to treat the throat conditions. What you need to do is just consume the prescribed amount of syrup with the lukewarm water. This syrup has all the magical properties of the honey and Tulsi for cough, which is used even by Indian women to treat the cough related problems.
This syrup not only cures whooping cough but also helps in treating the dry cough, allergic rhinitis, wet cough, or chronic bronchitis. Thus, there are multiple benefits to this syrup. Although, there are many syrups which are available in the market and they are sold by saying that those are Ayurveda syrups, but that’s not the case as they are loaded with a lot of ingredients which are not suitable for children, but Torex herbal cough syrup can be given to the person of any age.