Impact Of Oils On Our Health And Immunity
Health not only means lack of disease but the ability to fight against them and recover back from illness. We all know that the immune system is the body’s defence against various kinds of infections. As the season changes a lot of people can be noticed sneezing or coughing. A person with a healthy immune system can fight off infections from bacteria or viruses. Stress, smoking and poor diet can have a bad impact on our immune system. People with weak immune systems are more prone to infections. However, body working at a peak performance indicates that the person has good physical health. Protect yourself from infections and stimulate your strength and immunity by including the essential oils in your diet.
Functioning Of Immune System
It is our body’s natural self- defence mechanism. It is an intricate network of cells, tissues and organs which defend our body against viruses, bacteria, parasites and other infections. Immune system creates a barrier and protects our body by stopping the invaders from entering our body. Immune system recognizes as well as neutralizes harmful or foreign substances in our environment. It can recognize countless anti agents and fight disease causing agents in the body. It stops working only when it is weak or it can’t fight some particular germs. When it is working smoothly it keeps us away from various health problems. Adopting a healthy lifestyle can improve our immunity for a lifetime.
Factors Affecting Our Immune System:
Our body continuously gets exposed to toxins and stressors that have an impact on our immune system. Various factors like inadequate sleep, stress, exercise, exposure to toxins, diet and nutrition , offsets in behaviour or a long term illness can adversely affect our immune system .Consuming alcohol can make us more susceptible to infections. Our age, sex, infection history or genetics can also make us more prone to disease and it is not possible to avoid all of these no matter, how hard we try. Many times the impact of above factors may go unnoticed but if you are sick , it is likely that your system is affected and it can even lead to or a serious health issue. Therefore, it is really significant to add numerous oils to our daily regimen.
How Oils Are Essential For Our Immunity:
Although quality sleep, a healthy diet and regular exercise can strengthen our immune system but oils also have a big impact on our immunity. Essential oils are simple to apply and offer consistent benefits:
- The oil for immune system has antimicrobial properties. These compounds are very useful in fighting off various kinds of viruses, bacteria and fungi. Thus, mitigating symptoms of infectious disease.
- Some oils contain antioxidants which protect our body cells from free radicals.
- Energizing oils makes us feel refreshed and energized while boosting our mood.
- Certain oils have therapeutic properties that are antifungal and can fight a number of germs and illness. They have various health properties.
- They can relieve your stress as these oils provide emotional balance. They can reduce feelings of stress and tension thereby maintaining our health.
- Diffusion of essential oils can clean and purify our air and surfaces which ultimately provides protection from illness.
- They are also effective for insect bites, sore throat, thrush and cold sores. They may also reduce hypertension.
- They carry a high concentration of oxygen and they have the same healing power as plants. Infact, they are about 50 times more therapeutically potent than the plant itself. They detoxify our body as oxygen pushes unwanted chemicals.
Essential Oils for Immunity: Oils are not only good for protection against harmful bacteria and viruses, but can also boost our immune system by increasing blood pressure and supporting the body during illness. Some of these are:
- Lemon: It is very effective in treating viruses as it has antibacterial properties. It can ease stress, fatigue or depression. It is also essential for our liver and promotes weight loss.
- Eucalyptus: Commonly used for treatment of respiratory illnesses. It can cure symptoms of cold when applied on the chest. It can also fight off measles and chickenpox.
- Rosemary: Protects our body by fighting off the germs and is excellent for respiratory illness. It has powerful anti-microbial properties.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is very strong antiseptic oil. It has therapeutic properties which are effective in curing antiviral and anti-microbial infections.
- Lavender: One of the most versatile oils. It is used to treat stress, anxiety. It induces sleep encouraging the body to get the required amount of sleep and also improves our mood. As it is known that sleep and stress are major contributors for lowered immunity.
How to Select the Oil You Need: A large variety of essential oils are available with many uses and properties. Fortunately, there are many ways while selecting essential oils:
- Fragrance: A simple method to rely on. The power of smell can have a significant impact. Imagine how inviting a fragranced room can be.
- General Qualities: Generally based on your opinion. You can select oil according to your condition. For example, if your muscles feel cold in winter you can benefit from warm essential oils and if you are tired just go for energizing oils like Rosemary or Lemon.
- Chemical Composition: A great method for those who can understand chemistry. Oils contain chemical compound groups and each oil is different from another in terms of its properties. It requires search into general chemical composition and then identifying appropriate oil according to the condition.
Some Guidelines to Be Considered: Some significant things that an individual must consider are:
- Ensure that the caps are tightly closed while storing them in bottles so as to avoid unrequired oxidation or evaporation.
- Certain oils may cause allergic reactions. Always test by first applying a tiny amount on your skin.
- Care must be taken that they should not be ingested orally.
- While diffusing essential oils care must be taken that they are well ventilated. High concentration should be kept a distance from kids.
- While applying to young children or using it for a sensitive skin, dilute essential oils with a carrier oils like coconut.
These oils play an indispensable role and its benefits can’t be ignored especially, in terms of health. Torque Ayurvedic oil is one of the essential oils for immunity. Since Almond oil is a good source of potassium and omega-3 fatty acids it can nourish your nervous system and boost your brain power. Consuming it regularly can have positive impacts on our health.. It is an excellent source of Vitamin D and massaging can enhance blood circulation and reduce muscular pains. It also acts as a natural laxative and aids in digestion. It is an ideal choice for our health. Since it is ayurvedic, it is 100% natural. Since immunity is limited to its own ability for appropriate functioning, it is crucial to minimize exposure to such elements that may harm our health. Also, we should consider maximizing nutrients and necessary Vitamins which maximize our immunity.