The skin around your eyes is very thin if you compare it with other parts of the body and extremely delicate. Any type of change happening in the deeper layers of the skin is going to be easily visible on your surface. Dark circles are a common issue with both genders and all age groups characteristically above sixteen years.
What are the causes of dark circles?
You know dark circles are mainly caused due to the build-up of toxins in the body. Anyhow, there are many causes and a few common ones are like:
Allergy to products
Yes, if you have an allergy to products like that of ingredients of make-up, some medicated applications such as eye drops, hair dyes, and facial creams.
Rubbing and scratching
If you are in a habit of repeatedly rubbing and scratching the delicate skin around your eyes, it can eventually lead to a brown discoloration around your eye.
Runs in the family
In a certain subset of folks, the issue of under-eye bags and pigmentation around the eyes runs in the family. These become worse with sun exposure.
Lack of sleep
If you get improper sleep, it exacerbates the problem. Yes, if you are staying up for long hours at night and waking up early in the morning; it would trigger dark circles.
Do you have extensive stress?
Stress (physical or mental) is a chief killer of healthy glowing skin. Stress could be the main factor that contributes to the eyes looking tired. If you are in a habit of taking stress over everything then you need to shed this habit of yours. This stress does add up to the dark circles and wrinkles around your eyes.
Deficiency of Iron
You know iron deficiency can also head to pigmentation around the eyes. You need to increase the intake of iron.
Do you smoke?
Smoking enhances free radicals in the skin ending up in puffy eyes. You must stop smoking right away if you are having extensive dark circles.
The role of Ayurveda in Treating Dark Circles?
Ayurvedic treatment for dark eye circles mainly concentrates on body detoxification. The treatment for dark circles is generally executed by the external application of ayurvedic medicines and a healthy diet. The treatment of dark circles chiefly focuses on the diet aspect of treatment and also the direct application of ayurvedic medications on the skin.
- What you can do is take two cotton balls soaked in peeved cucumber juice (as a cucumber is believed to be a cooling agent), once you place it on the eyes, it gives relief to the weariness of the eyes. Since this is believed to be one of the finest remedies for under eye dark circles, the same could also be done by making use of grated potato juice. Another alternative here is to keep the cotton balls, soaked in chilled water or rose water, on your eyes.
- Similarly massaging your eyes with almond oil can also prove to be of wonderful help.
- Similarly, ayurvedic medication prescribed applying a mixture or paste of tomato puree, lemon juice, turmeric powder, and orange lentil flour (only if you are not allergic to these) on dark circle areas. You can wash it away in fifteen minutes.
- You need to modify your diet too. Your diet has to consist of cow’s milk, yogurt, goat’s milk, butter and fenugreek, and fish oil.
- Similarly, if you don’t intake a good amount of water then you need to change this habit. You should drink plenty of water regularly. If the more water you drink the better it would be for you.
- It would be great if you eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Mainly the ones that are rich in fiber. If you avoid an excess of sweets and chocolates can also help you.
- You need to avoid as much stress, tension, anxiety as possible by practicing asanas like that of pranayama. Once you start doing it regularly you would find great relief and result.
- Ayurveda also states that you must give your eyes sufficient rest. Sleep for at least six to eight hours every day.
- If you are working under strenuous conditions, it is important that you take a break and cover your eyes with the palms for nearly ten minutes and relax.
- You know pressing your mount below the index finger is also helpful to eradicate dark circles around your eyes.
You have no idea how excellently these things can work for you. Once you start applying these remedies in your day to day life you would end up with great results. Your dark circles would eradicate for sure. You can also go for advanced Ayurvedic Treatments for Dark Circles but these discussed treatments and procedures would help you.
If nothing else is working for you then you must go for Badam Rogan. It is going to do wonders for you. This oil is extracted from the almond fruit’s seed. The oil has vitamin K and vitamin E that are effective in erasing the marks. It is used in various types of beauty products because of its capability to avert water loss from the skin and keeps it hydrated. It is an emollient that feeds and moisturizes the skin around your eyes. Almond oil for eradicating dark circles is one of the well-known and effective remedies used by all.
Badam helps in reducing puffiness around your eyes. Sometimes dark circles take place due to dehydration of the skin. Applying almond oil would help you in rectifying this imbalance. Massaging this oil helps lighten the skin under your eyes, and even making the skin taut. It averts premature aging of your skin near your eyes. Your puffed eyes would look balanced and clean. There would be no blackness or darkness around your eyes once you start using almond oil.
Thus, since you know what triggers dark circles and wrinkles and how you can get rid of them; you must avail of the procedures and get rid of them!