It can never be the case that you are talking about the healthiest foods on the planet earth and you ignore one of the most popular nuts- Almonds. Even, since our childhood, we are hearing about the numerous health benefits of eating almonds from our grandparents and parents. We know about a benefit or two about consuming almonds but is that all almonds can offer us? Well, we don’t think so. In this article, we are going to tell you about all the benefits that you can reap from almond oil, which is the best form of consuming almonds. But before that, it will be good to know about the history of this super-nut, so that we can know what makes it so special.
History of the Almonds
You will be surprised to know that the almonds were considered as far back in ancient times as the Bible. These were used as an important ingredient of the bread which was served to the Egyptian Pharaohs. Experts don’t know much about almonds’ exact ancestry, but they are said to have originated in Central Asia and China.
While traveling the “Silk Road” between the Mediterranean and Asia, explorers used to eat the almonds. During those times, almonds tees also flourished in the Mediterranean, especially in Italy and Spain.
After that, the almond trees were brought to California from Spain by Franciscan Padres in the mid-eighteenth century. However, the climate conditions were not according to the requirement of the almond trees. But at the time of 1870, with the help of some self-supported research and cross-breeding, farmers were able to develop new varieties of almonds. Almonds industry was firmly established by the start of the 20th century and now it is easily available in almost every continent of the world. Since they were explored, almonds have maintained some sort of religious and ethnic significance in society.
Everything about unique Indian Almonds
No matter how many varieties of almonds have been developed, the Indian almonds are still known worldwide for their unique taste. Contrary to the people’s belief, Indian almonds are not grown only in India, but also in Polynesia, Australia, Madagascar, Pakistan, West Africa, South America, Central America, and even in some parts of the Caribbean. In India, Indian almonds are grown in all the warmer regions of the country such as Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh. Indian almonds can be found in the markets sold as pre-shelled and packaged. Indian almonds change a variety of colors during their period of getting ripe. They are usually green at first, then they start changing to yellow slowly and then finally then turn into a deep red. There are some greenish varieties of the Indian almonds also which go from the dark green color to brown color.
Indian almonds can’t be said to be the tastiest almonds in the world, but they are one of the healthiest varieties of almonds around the world.
Benefits of almond oil
Almond oil offers a variety of benefits, which are discussed below:
- Powerful brain booster: Almond oil can be included in the diet of the growing children and those who are dealing with low memory power as it helps in increasing the memory retaining capabilities of your brain. It is usually said that if proper care of a child is not taken during his growth years, then it can restrict the proper growth of his mind and body also. Thus, to ensure that the brain of your child undergoes a healthy growth phase, almond oil should be used. This is the reason why our elders have always suggested we eat badam after soaking them overnight. The best way of giving it to your children is by mixing a tablespoon of almond oil in warm milk before going to bed.
Almond oil can be termed as the best source for getting all the benefits of almonds. There are many ways in which almond oil can be used to get multiple benefits. The following are the major benefits of using almond oil, which sets it apart from other ordinary oils.
- For treating dandruff: If you are facing the problem of dandruff, no matter how worse it is, you can get rid-off it with the help of almond oil. You just need to massage your hair once or twice a week with almond oil and the next morning you have to rinse it off. You will start seeing the results from the very first week.
- Good for skin: Almond has amazing emollient properties, which helps in keeping the skin moisturized for a longer time. Moreover, it also helps in repairing the damaged skin tissues and develops new tissues. Badam Rogan for skin is suggested by many dermatologists also.
- Many studies have proven that when applied to the skin, it helps in protecting the skin cells from sun damage. It also prevents stretch marks. All this leads to soft and glowing skin. No wonder, why it is used in many skincare products and cosmetics.
- Keeps your heart healthy: Almond oil is very good for your heart health also. The reason is that almond oil consists of 70 percent monounsaturated fat, which increases the good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol) level in the body. This has been proved by many studies in recent times.
- A good source of antioxidants: Almond oil is a rich source of Vitamin E antioxidants. Vitamin E consists of many fat-soluble compounds that protect our body cells from harmful substances.
- Helps in blood sugar control: Almond oil also helps in keeping the blood sugar level of the body stable. As we have said earlier, this oil is rich with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which help in lowering body blood sugar levels of diabetes patients. Many types of research have proved that replacing the carbs with unsaturated fats can lead to reduced blood sugar levels.
- Can help in weight loss: A source of healthy fat may lead to weight loss. Normally, people think that to shred their weight, they need to avoid consuming the fats, but the reality is that weight can be reduced much faster by having the only right type of fats, and by it we mean healthy fats. And the almond oil is the most convenient and digestive source of healthy fats.
- Cures skin infections: Almond oil is also very useful in treating skin infections like eczema and psoriasis. It is also used in many medicines that are made for treating such skin infections.
These were some of the amazing benefits of using almond oil in your daily routine. Many different almond oils are available in the market. It creates a lot of confusion for the customer which one to choose. You can surely go for Badam Rogan, which is sweet-smelling oil made from pure almonds without any artificial ingredients. Badam Rogan’s health benefits are numerous. You can use it whether to include in your diet or whether you want to use it for your hair or skin. Badam Rogan will give you the sure-shot results.